Sunday, August 3, 2008

Camping!




Ahhh - we're back from the great outdoors. What a nice camping trip. Jordan Lake is in Apex, about 30 min or so from our house. Scott and the girls went out on Friday, set up camp and stayed. Amy got the house to herself - silence is so nice. I admit though, I missed them a teensy weensy bit. Saturday, I traveled across the street to Kyra's baby shower. What great fun we women had - lots of great food, fun games and it's always fun to watch someone get baby stuff. It's a woman thing, enough said. Saturday afternoon, I met the fam at Jordan Lake for the kids second night of camping. By then they were pros and gave me a camping lesson. Lily was asleep in MY hammock and Sidney in the tent when I got there. As you can see, Lily didn't mind sharing. So, in a nutshell, lots of good camping food (and bees), fishing and lots and lots of swimming in the lake. The girls were in there 3x on Saturday and yet another time Sunday morning before we forced them home. We kept the tradition of going to a Chinese restaurant smelly and dirty to gorge on hot food (this is something Scott and I used to do when we camped in Shenandoah National Park). Both girls are ready to go back out into the wilderness (as long as there is swimming involved).


Here's some pics....



No comments: