Today the girls had their first karate class at the Knightdale Rec Center. It's 45 min every Saturday morning. Lily dropped ballet class, I think she just got bored w/it. Sidney wanted to take karate, so they both enrolled. The good thing about the class is that it's only $7 per week and no "contract", so we're playing it week to week. The teacher has 25 yrs of experience and is really good with the kids. They are going to learn about respect, listening and building the body from the inside out. They are also going to learn about "Stranger Danger", which I love. Hopefully they will learn how to get away if someone tries to snatch them.
They seemed to really love the first class. Sidney was smiling the whole time. Lily also came out bouncing. Sidney proudly announced in the car "I wanted to be a karate teacher when I grow up!" This is the first time she's ever said she wants to be anything when she grows up.
Scott volunteered as a Parent Helper, which means he'll be in the classes helping w/ the kids and also can participate.
They seemed to really love the first class. Sidney was smiling the whole time. Lily also came out bouncing. Sidney proudly announced in the car "I wanted to be a karate teacher when I grow up!" This is the first time she's ever said she wants to be anything when she grows up.
Scott volunteered as a Parent Helper, which means he'll be in the classes helping w/ the kids and also can participate.
Video - Look at those punches...
Stretching out...
Getting ready to start punching...
Listening quietly...
This one is grainy...lots of zoom
No comments:
Post a Comment