Saturday, October 2, 2010

Wow - The Summer Got Away From Me!

I can't believe I haven't posted since June - where did the summer go?    Here's some catch up pics from the Summer and our Adventures....


 It's not summer without a Mudcats game...


or a stock car race...


Went home for the 4th of July this year...


Debbie & Billy had some baby foals..




Who needs pony rides when you have Clay?



Getting spoiled by Aunt Debbie and Grandma Nesselrodt...


Learning chords with Uncle Billy....


Swimming lessons...


My sweet girls ..

 Lily's 8th  Birthday






Lily's Birthday Pool Party...



 Preparing to be a flower girl on Oct 1...

At the park...


WVU season opener...

1st Semester rewards ceremony at school...


Sidney...


Lily.....
 So proud of the girls!

Sidney goofing around...

..playing dress-up.  So rare to see Sidney in pink :)

...and the next day she is Spiderman...

Knightdale Community Day...
 Cannot believe she touched that thing...

 ...or this one
 Firefighter Sidney
 Rock climbing Lily...

Myrtle Beach (Vacation, Part 1)


View from our balcony...

Lots of swimming took place...




Mini-golf...






Fun at Broadway on the Beach..



Scott did the zip line at Broadway on the Beach...





So, here's my funny beach story and I am sure that I won't do it justice in writing it down.  It's also possible that you just had to be there....

Our hotel had 2 water slides.   Woo Hoo!  Scott and the kids talked me into going down.  Well, I am horrible at heights and major drops.  So... I go up and come down the windy one with Lily and all goes fine. It's fun, we laugh and then I decide to go down the other steeper one with Sidney.   Sidney and I get at the top and sit down.  Sidney style, she takes off before I can hold onto her.  This leaves me sitting there unable to go, because they won't let you go down until the person in front of you comes out the bottom.  Scott said Sidney came down and he asked where Mommy was and she says "I don't know"    Immediately Scott ASSUMES that I am stuck in the tube some place drowning with kids lined up behind me.  When actually I was waiting for them to get out of the way.  So, he's yelling for me and all I can yell back without cracking up laughing is "I Can't Go..."  in my mind I was saying "I can't go because your in the way idiot"  But, all that would come out was "I Can't Go..."   In crazy Knight In Shining Army style, he starts climbing up the water tube from the bottom yelling for me the whole way.  LOL!  So, finally the girl at the top comes over and I have to have her tell him to get out of the way so I can come down because at that point I was in tears laughing.  He finally backs out of the tube and I go down.   I am SURE that everyone thought he was overreacting and that we were the weirdest family ever.   Oh and my poor KSA hurt his elbow climbing the wrong way up a water slide tube  {rolling eyes}  I am still laughing at the entire mis-communication chaos that happened.  I told him from now on the code word is "HELP"   If I do not say it, don't need saving...really :-)

Lake Lure, NC (Vacation, Part 2)

We traveled Sept 29-Oct 2 to the middle of nowhere in NC to be a part of a very very old friend of mine's wedding at Lake Lure, NC.  It was beautiful in the mountains and we had such a great time.  Lily was flower girl and Sidney was my lovely little sidekick.    While there we went to an awesome Northern Exposure reminiscent coffee house, complete with porch dog, Chimney Rock and of course the lake. 


Rehearsal Dinner dresses..

Chimney Rock..







Wedding...




 



No comments: