Well, my first week at my new job was a busy one! So much for the first week paperwork, settling in, decorating your desk kind of job... which is exactly what I love about it. It gives new meaning to the "hit the ground running". By noon on the first day I was in a client meeting and by afternoon starting the interactive portion of a media plan for them. By end of week, I was working on a proposal for another client. Needless-to-say, I am worn out this weekend, after 3 weeks of reality time, it wasn't easy getting out of bed every day and working a full week!
Friday night, we had invited two of my old colleagues/forever friends over to play Wii and eat pizza. The Wii fun expanded to a couple of neighbor couples in the neighborhood and their kids. We had a great time. I believe this was the first non-kid birthday party we've had here. The girls ended up falling asleep on the couch and some of the adults ended up falling asleep after 2 am.
So, Saturday.....me and the girls actually slept in until 10:30a - cannot even remember when the last time that has happened, if ever. Then, Scott, the girls and I went to Marbles and spent the afternoon playing. A Saturday evening movie "Nim's Island" closed the day perfectly out.
Sunday - the girls and I did some b-day shopping for the neighbor's parties next weekend. Then we tried "Five Guys" - their burgers were awesome! As a treat, we added some Rita's frozen custard, then down for a much needed nap.
Now.... to finish the weekend with some more R & R - a new client meeting tomorrow to prepare for!
No comments:
Post a Comment